Occupational Rehabilitation Services
Carfi have expertise in providing injured workers with a range of
specialised Occupational Rehabilitation Services. Our aim is to support
all stakeholders affected by a workplace injury: insurers, employers,
unions and those providing treatment. We assist the injured worker to
achieve a timely and durable return to work, whether it is with the
pre-injury employer or with a new employer.
Carfi has over 20 years of Early Intervention experience in Occupational Rehabilitation programs with both public and private sectors.
Carfi utilises a holistic approach to Early Intervention. We highlight benefits for the individual i.e. promoting early and ongoing recovery from injury and maintaining engagement with the workplace, and benefits for the organisation i.e. promoting proactive injury management and retaining employees productively at work.
Our Early Intervention service delivery model has the following principles:
- The team leader plays a central role in referral and management
- Short term occupational rehabilitation interventions focused on sustaining employees at work
- Collaborative processes are used to maintain employee engagement with the workplace
- Work related and non work related conditions are included
- Assessment and intervention adopts a biopsychosocial approach
considering the employee’s physical, psychological, social and
- Communication and consultation with all parties
- Injury treatment remains in the hands of service providers chosen by the employee.
The Carfi Early Intervention Program has proved to be very effective in
avoiding difficult and expensive workers compensation claims. These
programs have also had a positive effect on staff health and wellbeing
and often avoided protracted conflict in the workplace.